Thursday, April 06, 2006

Incident Report

April 5, 2006 (Wednesday) around 5:30pm along the busy streets near the ANgeles Public Market after buying some coconut for my baby we got caught up with a surprise - CHECK POINT!

My heart kept punding when I saw the policeman in uniform waving his hand telling us to park on the side. I had no choice but to comply, I had to pull over. Before doing so, I asked my baby if she had her Driver's license with her. Fortunately, she does. So, feeling a little confident I went down the scooter and asked the policeman politely what is the problem he said it's just their routinary check point. He immediately asked for my license and for the papers of the scooter. None of these documents I carry at that time.

Yes, indeed I don't have a driver's license. My student license have already expired back March 2006. I had to ask my baby to show hers instead. The policeman looked at it read back her name...and again asked for the papers. I said, "I don't ahve it here if you want I can go home and bring it back here." The policeman said, "if that's the case I have to pound your scooter."

Then the story begins, baby had to do her drastic move. She took off her jacket and said as sweet as she could, "Iiwan mo ko dito? O, sige." I guess this made the policeman think twice then he whispered, "Sige, alis na kayo bilis - mukha naman kayong decente."

For one, we got through it without spending a single cent. And what's far more better is, the charm of my baby worked. How and why? I really don't know all I know it WORKED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

seo
seo Counter